Auction is an amazing way to buy vehicles, goods, and even real estate at a lower price than regular shops and markets. Make the next auction day a success by following these tips:
- Dress comfortably. Check out the local weather report and dress accordingly. You want to be comfortable.
- Eat something before you go. There’s a good chance you won’t have access to food while you’re there. Don’t forget to find out about food beforehand! Nobody wants to get stuck somewhere hungry, so it is always a good idea to figure out if concessions will be available. It’s also never a bad idea to pack some extra snacks and drinks of your own just in case.
- Ask what types of payment are accepted. If the auction house charges a buyer’s premium and inquire about hauling/delivery concerns before you bid.
- What kind of stuff will you bid on? You want to know what you are interested in ahead of time. Look at those pictures on the website or show up to auction earlier. If it is breakable stuff you may want to bring some packing material just in case. If it is larger items you may consider bringing a truck and/or trailer.
- Don’t bid on anything you don’t examine in the preview. Most items are sold “as is, where is”. This means that there is no refund or return of the item if you are not happy with it, or if there is damage to it that you didn’t notice. You want to make sure you check out the items you are interested in thoroughly before bidding.
You have to keep in mind a lot of the items you are bidding on have been used, so take the time to see the full conditions of those items you are interested in.
- Know the terms. It is vital that you understand what the terms of the sale are before you arrive. Terms of auction house are posted or included in brochures and catalogs. Look at those terms and ask some of the following questions in your mind as you review them: What kind of payments do they take? Cash, Debit cards, Ecocash? Is there a buyers premium? If so, how much? Are there any warranties or guarantees? When do the items need to be removed? Can I make arrangements if I need to come back to pick up? Know the terms, and don’t let the terms surprise you!
- Set A Price Limit! It’s possible to get caught up in the bidding excitement. Determine your limit in advance on specific items, and stick to it!
- Finalize Your Purchases! Proper auction etiquette would be to pay for your items as soon as possible after you are done bidding. If the auction has concluded, you should finalize your payment prior to packing and removing items from the building.
Come through to our auction house at Plot 7213/4 Kachidza Road Cnr Mulalika Road.
Or contact our Team: Leonard – 0955987728, Tim – +260 956 797 513, Bernard – 0955 987 726
When Our Hammer Falls, the Market Jumps!